Friday, June 12, 2015
How can I help?
Anytime I am in the media, I get a handful of e-mails asking how to help. Since I run everything out of my house, I can't just invite people over to see the process so that makes getting volunteers involved difficult.
My first request is that they hold a clothing drive, after all without clothes there would be no Loved Twice. This also helps weed out the people that aren't serious about helping. I also keep a list of people that contacted me in case I ever do have outside opportunities for volunteers. In the past I have held sorting parties outside of the house....but lugging hundreds of pounds of baby clothes up and down two flights of stairs isn't exactly time effective.
So while I don't want to discourage people from offering to help, I have to get a little creative in my tactics. In the future if I get local businesses to be drop-off locations, volunteers could help drive around and collect those items. My hope is that those that choose to help walk away feeling like they too made a difference!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment