Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Goals


When I started this journey in 2011, I wasn't sure where it would lead.  There have been times I felt so overwhelmed by the amount of clothing in my house that I have thought about walking away. Since moving all the clothing up to our third floor, I have been able to get organized which has helped a ton.  While working part-time and then full-time, I set my goal to be 500 boxes and then I would decided if I wanted to continue or not.  I am now 24 boxes from that goal, but have added new ones to the list.


I would love to make this my career, turn it into something bigger, help more people and have volunteer opportunities.  In order to do that though $$ is required.  There are several options including grants (which can be hard to get), foundations (which can be very specific as to who gets the money), donations (I have never been good at asking people for money), or winning the lottery (but first I have to play!).

I get stressed out when I think about the money part of this dream, so instead lets focus on my general vision assuming I had the money.


1. Find a warehouse/office space- this would allow me to get everything out of my house and give me a place for donation drop-off and volunteers to come help.

More space = more donations = more babies helped!

2. Find organizations in the community that would be willing to be drop-off locations. Child-care centers, pediatrician offices etc.

A few weeks ago I was able to visit Baby2Baby's (http://baby2baby.org/) headquarters in LA.
Their set up is exactly how I had envisioned my future space!


They also had these awesome bins for donation collections in various sizes.


So yes these are the details I dream about....

No comments:

Post a Comment