Today I decided to finish packing up my summer baby boxes. Here are the steps I take after the clothing has been sorted into seasons.
1. I divide the clothing into piles by size.
2. I can usually tell how many boxes I can pack based on the amount of clothing- in this case 5. So I lay out that number of blankets and then start with the 12 month pile and sort it out. I do this for each size. I try to make sure each box has the same amount of items..
3. I then pack the boxes. Each box has at least one handmade blanket-I have found two local knitting groups that donate blankets. I try to have several items in each size but since I never know what items will be donated there are times I have more in certain sizes. I top the boxes off with toys, books, socks, hats or other items I have on hand.
Summer boxes ready for delivery!
Kristina, I work at Rex Women's Center; NCLoveTwice was mention in a practice council meeting. Moira was not at the meeting but the information was conveyed to the council. What an awesome service you provide families. I volunteered to connect with you to discuss Rex’s involvement. Is there a telephone number or email address I can have to connect/communicate? There did not appear to be one the blog site, though I could have missed it. I also have some ideas for potential volunteers and a source for gently used clothing as well as a few other agencies that would benefit from knowing about NCLoveTwice. I look forward to speaking with you or communicating via email.
ReplyDeleteAnn Marie Elmore
Developmental Specialist
Rex Women’s Center
919-971-7977
Annmarie.elmore@unchealth.unc.edu